Sunday, December 30, 2018

Babies and Booties and Bulldogs, Oh My!

I went to church with the Merrells - as a third, forgotten child. A short drop and a sudden stop later and I was in California. We always have a good time together - spittin' game and eating delicious food. Even the ham.

MVP & The White Crayon
Christmas Eve included a classic The Santa Clause viewing (sans deek) and yet another feast and the Hennsley gift-opening extravaganza. Shennsley's been dogsitting for a lady, so I got to help out with that. Almost as fun as waking up to Ponce tryna pounce on your face. Almost.

A cat's the only cat who knows where it's at. 
Christmas was full of surprises. Including a llama head that I always (?) wanted and also that Hannah is pregnant and Kevin has a booty. What's next - Derek has money? I have a date? Greg quits the church? Ludicrous, all of it. The Family Christmas Skype was just as crazy as usual, outside of the big reveals. Love these kids. Heaven help anyone near us when we finally reunite. I was introduced to my new favorite holiday movie, Pottersville - about a werewolf. And I played a GOT card game that I didn't hate (mostly because I won 2/3).

The top right is a mirror view of the CT computer
so we could see all the Elder Hutchins' at once.
Somebody with IT experience please come at once. 
I left pretty quick Wednesday morning so I could make it to Flagstaff by night. I stopped to view the Cabazon dinosaurs real quick and got a beautiful recreation of my visit from Moriah after I sent her pics. I also stopped by Swing to get some needling in my shoulders mid-drive, and pick up a kid who needed a ride. Record timing and I hate driving. (Long distances).

Jurassic Life. 
Thursday was a big clean-up day. I cleaned out everything and now have a big sack that can be donated. I also started an electronic clean-out, but it's going to take me a while to finish projects, catch up on CEUs, and clear out my hard drive. Maybe I can get through most of it in the next two weeks. Maybe.

I been tryna stop here for AGES. 
We had dinner with the missionaries where I tried to use the instaPot to make spaghetti. Did NOT work out like Derek showed me. Gonna have to work on that. It snowed mid-dinner and since Flag is terrible at clearing snow off the roads, it was pretty dangerous. I fishtailed once, in a very controlled manner, and got home safely.

Spot the dino. (Hint: it's labelled.)
I kept on with the cleaning out and finishing projects on my to-do list. It's liberating to get some of these things off. And I even worked out. The trebuchet is almost done. Several books are almost ready to be shelved. And I got some free wings and football from Palmer - but riding horses is still on the bucket list. Guess I can't die yet.

Flannels for a trip to Home Depot to
get supplies for the trebuchet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment