Sunday, December 9, 2018

Runnin' This Shiz, Both Legs Broke

Everyone's going a little crazy here. We had 2 presentations, 3 practicals, and a few written exams this week. (And it's not even finals week yet - but how else are we gonna squeeze in 3 exams per class?) Foundations practical was the most fun because we just got a scenario and had to play therapist for a minute. Anatomy cadaver practical was the most stressful because there is just so much information and not enough time to know everything.

We had to write each other gratitude cards in our clinical communications class, which took FOREVER, but it was real nice to get them back. A little stress reliever. I made people laugh AND cry AND cry from laughing. So, win.

All my free time was spent studying. Usually anatomy, but we did borrow some wheelchairs and lofstrand crutches to practice with. Also I crushed Jake at ping pong and he/Brandi barelyyyy crushed me at foosball. (Which doesn't really make sense - they really should've beaten me by a higher margin.) Then I studied more and got free homemade cinnamon rolls from Mark Moore.

I also finished my ortho clinic with our patient with hip OA and a CAM lesion. She's delightful and I hope she keeps it up. And I got all set up so I can work over break. And I researched some incredible and dangerous things to do, so get ready.

The worst part of the week was our interprofessional development course on Friday afternoon - right after our anatomy cadaver practical. The guy was too happy, the food too scarce, and the information just a one-day repeat of our clin comm class. I love networking, but this meeting had bad timing and was less useful to me than previous courses I've taken.

But Friday night was for relaxing. The institute took us ice skating and I was alright by the end and only fell twice. And all my joints hurt afterwards, but it was soothed with pizza and wings and the presence of Brandi, and Katelyn, and a particularly delightful human named Lindsey. Afterwards, a group of us went to Mason's house where we watched Home Alone and Jake brought cookies and chocolate milk and Mason let me lay down on his v comfy mattress and use his fluffiest pillow (not the one with the reindeer. Moose? lol.)

Bry was baptized on Saturday! It was the cutest thing and I'm so happy for her. And the afterparty was only ruined a little bit by a child throwing up down the length of the hallway outside the room. Then we studied some more. And we had delicious BBQ cauliflower and chicken tacos to celebrate the end of our practicals with Ciera and Erin. The cutest. And then we crushed them at Cards Against Humanity. I like it so much better than Apples to Apples.

No comments:

Post a Comment