Sunday, June 9, 2019

When the FREAK did we get ice cream?!

I was dog sitting for a few days again this week, which meant my stress levels were wayyy down. (I'm a hermit by nature). It also helped that we had some guest speakers (including ya boi Jason) and the amount of time spent in lab increased by 75%. (I am not good at didactic learning).

This is where I live. 
Our activities this week were a success: Richard Simmons Night (for FHE) and S'mores at the Clark's (for Friday). Gotta love classic simplicity. (And dual purpose w/exercise or food + socializing). Another 'guest' lecturer taught EBP this week and said multiple times that our assignment was NOT to be finished in a single day. She asked if there was anyone likely to take this as a challenge and let's just say my name came up. But also my assignment was submitted within 24h so at least it was accurate.

Natural whirlpool. 
The big adventure of the week was Fossil Creek (organized by TJ, who insisted on driving with us:). It's about a 2h drive from here, a $6 permit, and a couple miles hike to the falls, but it is beautiful. The day was perfectly sunny, the water cool and refreshing and clear enough to see all the fishies you swim with. I got a little sunburned, a little scratched (from riding some shallow rapids), and had a wonderful time with good friends. 10/10 would do again.

Behind the falls. 
The rest of the weekend included a Snowflake temple trip (in which we scummed free lunch off a visiting YSA group from Mesa), a movie night of The Ringer with Brandi/Roger (in which I scummed free dinner by showing up at an opportune time), and attempted archery with the coolest nocks I've ever seen and also the strongest bow I've ever tried to use. Guess I gotta keep hitting the gym.

No comments:

Post a Comment