Sunday, June 2, 2019

French Tucks and Confidence

Brandi's birthday was last week while she was up in Roosevelt with her cows, so we celebrated the day by sending her digital cake (and by that I mean booty pics). We had an actual potluck dinner when she got back and it was delicious - these kids freaking delivered.



School started up again and I hate it. I realized I am so bad at it because I have a hard time sitting there and listening, especially if I already know a lot of it and the information is getting repeated 47 different ways to account for various learning styles. Also, who can sit through eight hours of the same class all freaking day? Not I, said the Little Red Hen.

It didn't help that despite having a reserved seat, I ended up having to sit in the front corner where all the screens were at a terrible angle and I looked like a nerd and had no friends. That's what happens when I show up 1min early for class instead of 30. Don't worry though, I staked my claim the rest of the week.

We went fishing after classes and I worked out (because the gym had weird hours this week). I showed Brandi the Netflix series Queer Eye - which if you need something inspirational and motivational, this is the show for you. Love. (Thanks, Hannah.) One of my leg workouts was so good that I can still barely walk down the stairs 4 days later.


Stu had a tournament on campus here, so I watched a few of his games (which they lost, but he got to dunk a few times). And then I went to Becky's house for a cookout, homemade salsa, and three bonfires that were so big the neighbors called the cops a few times.

Brandi and I went garage sailing Saturday morning, and it was different than I remembered, but still fun. We found a bunch of fishing stuff we needed and haggled it down to $5 (but with some other shady black market deals, it will end up costing me $0, so not mad).

Sam's midget sister. Who looks great in an orange morph suit, btw. 
We had a lovely dinner at the Brewton's with the missionaries and then hit up Sam & Jake's reception. After seeing the long line, we headed to the refreshment table first (which ended up being the joke of the evening, but all in good fun.) We saw our teacher there who had been in the hospital for a bit and noted that "the rumors of [his] demise were greatly exaggerated, mostly by [his] wife". What a guy.

What kind of fancy parties do you attend on weekends?
I made some friendship bread again and it was delicious and hopefully appreciated by the people we delivered it to. Brandi and I are still doing our rescue visits, with marginal success. We almost got Alex to join us, but he had to work. Next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment