Monday, March 23, 2020

COVID-19 (to the tune of Come On, Eileen)

I don't actually remembered much that happened, since this was two weeks ago. I went to school as usual and slowly witnessed the cancellations of all my fun plans and the rest of my semester. One good thing from all this is that my teachers have cut down in-class time to approximately 1/16th. 

The other cool things that happened were that I got housing for my first internship and that I had a fun battle with my higher-ups to try to get some equal care for our athletes. I'm realizing that - if nothing else - school has filled me with so much rage to fight for what I believe in. And I appreciate that. 

The clean crew
Roger and I flew out of PHX on a pretty full airplane at midnight Friday and were picked up by the G-man, arriving to freshly baked blueberry muffins and a nap. We walked the dog and fixed a door and enjoyed authentic Irish food. 


We took a trip down to Jenny's, where we went yaking on beaver pond and the Rog's had a chat about canyons and lakes and such. We did forget to ask about his blacksmithing experience - which we're trying to get a leg up on for our upcoming (whenever I decide we're ready) Forged in Fire competition. 

We hung out with Funcle Aaron and the crew for a game of Five Crowns and forced-feeding of chips & salsa. And learned some things about Rachel that we probably didn't need to know. We knew our time was limited in MA when the Governor shut everything down and Mimi said, "If you leave this house, you aren't coming back. (Not bc we don't love you. We'll just die.)"

MGH was so excited to show us where she and dad walk. 
Xandy picked us up and had to wait in the car so the sickness in CT didn't travel with him. Grampy immediately hugged him despite his protests. Classic. Then when Mimi asked if they hugged, Grampy said "He told me I wasn't allowed". And THAT'S where I get my deceit from.

No comments:

Post a Comment