Sunday, March 8, 2020

Let's Just Go Shoot Stuff

School. I had an exam and prepped for three more. I need to leave. Highlight of the week was that instead of doing a balance screen for our community outreach project, we took a guy shooting.

This is my dude. He is delightful. 
Patients. We got our first shipment of GoBIG stuff in and I spent half an hour putting together a plyo box - and didn't even get blisters. Brandi, Ciera, and I are working together in a 4-treatment wellness session with a woman with MS who, unbeknownst to us, fell and broke her hip one week ago. I helped with treadmill training for a man with a spinal cord injury and now Roger has been contracted to build us a foot plate.

Health. I got my blood test results - and everything is normal. Which is good, but leaves a few things unexplained. The good news is that I felt significantly better this week, so I'm waiting it out to see if it stays. I started running this week - and by that I mean jogging slower than my normal walking pace. And I "played" volleyball with Val by standing at the net and never moving. We won.

His wife & son came with us as well. They're pretty cool people. 
Work. I had a lot more patients, which keeps me busy, but it also means more people are injured. I spent the week advocating angrily for the infrequent use of modalities and equal treatment of athletes.

Fun. Roger took me spotlighting and we saw hundreds of elk - more than he's ever seen. I keep telling him that it's because I'm lucky when I'm not trying (and I remind him that I won two pairs of airPods on accident in the last month). We also went on a SIX MILE hike on Saturday, shot stuff, and grabbed food and a new basil plant at Carol's house.

His favorite PTs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment