Monday, April 6, 2020

Joseph Smith Conference 2020

This week was LESS fun as our teachers kind of figured out zoom (real-time) in classes that would normally be 100% patient care at this point. And I've still been studying for comps, so I'm not NOT busy.

But I have been distracted. Because I figured out enough sewing stuff to finish Moriah's dress. And had enough leftover fabric to make myself a shirt which I made up in my head and turned out pretty good considering. Actually both turned out pretty good when you realize I ignored all the sewing terms I didn't recognize and barely looked at the pictures.



I went on some walks in the nature and kept up with PT and my Nike workouts online. I'm really getting into this Marco Polo app for my socialization and I feel good about it. Also, my first clinical rotation said they're counting on me still attending despite corona (at odds with the 40% of sites who have cancelled on my classmates).

 

We made some good food this week - kielbasa, cookies, bread x 4, salsa, phillie cheese steaks. And by WE, I mean that Roger did the cooking and I did the baking. Because that's how this relationship works.

 

And here are the GC notes 2020 (speed edition):

"Turning Point" Moments: new logo, worldwide fast April 10, temples in Saudi & China (!), youth speakers, a hosanna shout (we should've been there), and a new proclamation to the world.

Key Messages:
- Trust in & center your lives around Christ & His Atonement
- Study the Book of Mormon daily while seeking personal revelation
- Go to the temple (when possible) and in the meantime, do family history
- Share your light with others. We need them to build us. We need YOU to build us.
- Have hope for God DOES hear you.

Favorite Speakers: Holmes, Eyring, and Holland.

What a blessing. Joseph Smith Conference 2020 freaking rocked. Can't wait to study the messages some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment