Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Pizza Frita

If you didn't know, I started working for UberEats. Basically I just wait for calls during lunch time, pick up food, and deliver it. Easy.

Now I usually work for 3 hours a day, making an average of $10 an hour. Which kind of sucks. BUT is better than nothing AND actually includes a lot of free time within those 3 hours. So over the past week, I've been charting where all the parks and outdoor basketball courts are in the city.

Willow Lake
This also helps me have a little bit of structure and some extra cash - and includes the flexibility to work when or wherever I want. And I've been discovering places. Like Limoncello's a genuine Italian restaurant with gelato. And Willow Lake. But we'll get more into those.

The baby hummingbirds outside our house. They stick their butts in
the air and shoot poop out of the nest when they need to go. 
First, I just wanted to announce that I have won yet another prize from car dealership junk mail. It's only $10 to Fry's (a grocery store), but it's $10 more than I had previously. Huzzah. In other news, the apartment gym and pool are now open and I bought a new book in a good series.

Over the weekend I was on my own since the Babers left to brand some cows and ride some horses. So I worked double and explored half of the Willow Lake trail - it just goes around the lake and the half I did was pretty flat, open, and would make an awesome running trail. I also went to a garage sale and met a man selling firearms. I took a walk on the trail by my house and watched BOM videos and watched Midnight in Paris, which - as ol deek described - is a Naomi movie.

The second half. 
Roger was in Flag for a Bach party for his buddy Carson and he drove down Sunday night when it was over. Monday we hiked the entire Willow Pond trail - which was supposed to be 3 miles of that easy running path and turned into 6 miles, most of which was climbing up and down huge rocks. Which was unexpected, but enjoyable. Also I have a ton of bug bites and probably poison oak.

So freaking good. 
Then we went to Limoncello's for lunch at that Italian place (or as Roger says, EYE-talian). For lasagna and pizza frita (basically a stupid good calzone), some Italian soda, and strawberry gelato. We went swimming and took a nap and went to buy a gun that the man upcharged me for by $200 so I did NOT buy a gun. And then we ate potatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment