Monday, January 17, 2022

Boy's Trip

Roger decided to go hunting the morning of his first day of school since he didn't have class until 12:30. Then he shot a deer. It took him all day to pack it out and then it was very rutty and stinky in the house and he missed class. Which he felt a little bad about, but this is the professor that teaches his ornithology class too and is requiring everyone to buy binoculars instead of a textbook. 

 181cm on that rack. 

Meanwhile, I went to go see a new patient in an ALF and got bit by their dog. It was just a little ankle biter and it BARELY broke the skin at all, but the paperwork has been ridiculous and I've had several telemed appointments making sure I don't have rabies, and antibiotics just in case. Yeesh. 

Bad lighting, Not a bad wound.

I've been loving our new camera and learning about photography. I finally broke and bought the editing software I've been planning on. I like it because it's a one-time purchase that can do just about everything that Photoshop + Lightroom do. I also found out about a free Photoshop clone that I'm looking into. So far, it's been pretty light experimenting, but it can make a huge difference. I went to a private hike in a neighborhood to get this shot. I also just ordered my first aluminum print, so I'm hoping that turns out bomb. 

Accidentally cropped out some trees on the left, so I gotta go fix that. 

In other news, it was Roger's boys trip this weekend. So we went on a brief date before he left to get me some dinner and get all his food (since I know about all the good deals). He left and our house has stayed very clean since. It's nice to know I'm not going crazy sometimes. 

I went on a hike, ground up the deer meat we're making into jerky, played around with some YW stuff and goals I have for this year. And I watched Practical Magic and Love Potion Number Nine - both with Sandra Bullock since I'm on a kick right now. Both worth seeing at least once, I think. 

No comments:

Post a Comment