Monday, January 17, 2022

My Happy Place (this side of the Atlantic)

This week has been chill, although I've kind of been hoping I get a real mild case of covid, so I don't have to go to work for a little bit.  I did kind of get exposed, but I don't have any symptoms, so I just have to keep gloves and a mask on per usual. 

Favorite place this side of the Atlantic. 

I remembered last minute that this is a boxing week. It was good to be back in class with some regulars. My friend, who works at the gym, hasn't been able to come since he's been schedule during class the last few months but PROMISED he would come in January. Surprise surprise when I saw him lifting halfway through class this week. I pulled him in, don't worry. 

My knee is finally to a place where I can bend it into child's pose and I'm trying to keep it that way while alternating weeks with boxing and basketball. Pray for me and my slow repair from the healing stick. 

Just a happy hiker. 

I took everything I thought I needed to the DMV to try to get our new car registered. It was a mess and the lady there surprised me with the information that taxes on my car would be about $3K. That didn't seem right and after having done some research, I'll be paying her another visit. 

Roger planned out a fun day in Sedona for us. He made me breakfast and drove there in the wee hours of the morning. I saw a bunch of deer and he missed a bunch. Then we did a fun hike with an arch and some offroading up the wash. We had a delicious lunch of Mexican and a to-die-for (but overpriced) Oreo shake. We chatted for a while and then split up so he could try to do some more hunting (unsuccessfully thanks to some ridiculous hunters) and I could take a solo hike around Cock's Comb. They were a little off the beaten path for Sedona and so it was mostly me and a few mountain bikers on the trail. It was a good day. 

Signature pose 3. 

The YW planned our activities for the year and I think it's going to be a good one. We had homemade pizza with tons leftover and figured out a plan to help them accomplish their goals. Some of them only said probably 3 words the whole time, but that's more than zero. 

No comments:

Post a Comment