Sunday, August 21, 2022

Another Week, Another Waffle

Now that we've finally cleaned out our closet, some of our YW activities involve actually using all of that stuff. We did an activity this week repainting some blocks of wood. They had a good idea, but we painted black over them and painted glow in the dark temples over top, which we thought was cooler. 

Felicia had a good boxing class this week. Our last combo was class-created and was boss. It was a L hook, R cross, R missed cross into a spinning backhand, side kick, switch stance jab and KO overhand. I'm excited for her to do a class with our YW coming up. 

Work this week (and last) has been crazy. It's like nobody wants to see me. Either they have to be discharged early and I have to work extra to squeeze that in or they don't want me to discharge them except at a certain day/time that is incredibly inconvenient for me. I just keep telling myself: you just gotta make it through this visit, then it'll be fine. Except it's every visit. 

Because of all that nonsense, I had a few long days at the start and a short Friday (despite all of our best efforts). I didn't do any crazy workouts the rest of the week because I'm still getting my energy back post-probiotic fiasco. But I did go run and do a sprint workout on Friday. It felt good but I hated it. And then I tried a light arm tempo workout adding in some overhead movements that still don't feel great with my shoulder issues. One day my body will work. Then it's over for all of you. 

I'm still working on fixing those pants I took a class to create. I have now taken apart and resewn these pants at least 10-12 times. We're getting closer. But sheesh, so many of my problems could have been nailed out in the template process and just were not. I am so frustrated with them, but committed to finishing. 

Roger had "one of the best hunts of his life" Saturday with Stu, who has an OTC archery tag. This year, they're capping it out at like 65 deer, so if you don't get one fast, your tag is null. So the deer are harder to find since everyone is in a frenzy about it. But despite the "best hunt" part, they came home unsuccessful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment