Monday, August 1, 2022

Beautiful Bodies

My sewing class this week started off scary and turned into a really good time. Basically, in making these pants, I'm trying to make them look and feel like actual pants with real pockets, etc. And I told my instructor that and she was like uhhh, we don't have time to do all of that! Yeet to her, because nobody else showed up that day and we cranked it out. One class to go sewing this all up and I've got to figure out the pockets on my own before then. 

Also Rog had an archery competition this weekend. 

The BYU-I Dance Alliance came to Flagstaff and did a free performance for both stakes. I wish they had advertised this better, because I feel like we could've gotten a much better turnout. BUT they advertised it as a bi-stake youth activity and anyone else could come if they wanted, so that's what we did for YW. And we had one of our LA girls show up for the first time with our 11y old who knows and is friends with most of them. She's a killer missionary. 

Shopping. 

The performance was actually way better than I thought it would be. My first favorite had some Mongolian mist aura music with a group of hunters and it eventually turns into them battling a dragon. My second favorite was Victorian era pseudo-vampiric dress and featured a girl who was slowly gaining more and more power over the other dancers - ending with her lounging in a throne made of their bodies. 10/10.

Shopping part 2. 

Home health is nice because it is flexible. As such, I moved up all my Friday patients to earlier in the week so that I could have an early start to Utah. It ended up working out really well, but there was a chance that I'd still have to see 1 patient on Friday, but it fell through so I was in the clear. I drove to Page on Thursday night and up to Provo on Friday morning. 

Shopping part 3. 

Partway up there, after many renegotiations, I met Lauren and some friends at Cove Fort. Which apparently is a fort that Hinckley's family built back in the day and features a cool wall with arrow slits (or gun slits I guess) and we could walk on top of the wall.  There were also rooms all inside the walls around a giant square. While peeping through the gun slits in the back wall, I spotted a garden. And when I mentioned it, some lady overheard and said I could take anything I wanted. She even brought me a grocery bag and helped me pick out some carrots, zucchinis, squashes, an onion, and various types of lettuce. #spiritualgifts

This is my best friend Lauren, have you met her?

Taking my snacks, I drove up to Provo to hang out with Hannah, Derek, and Trevor and chat about schemes and books and people that make us angry (part 147 and counting). Shannon made the best tomato soup I've ever had and I drove the rest of the way to Bluffdale to my friend Maddy's house to chill with her and her sister. 

My kind of professional development. 

The real reason I was in Utah was to complete a course on pelvic floor rehab back into Crossfit-style lifting. I love CEU classes. It's 20% evaluation, 40% most current literature, and 40% workout and let's make sure we can do this and teach it. We went bowling with the crew on Friday night and got ice cream for dinner and had a lot of fun and learned a lot as we broke up the lectures with active labs. I know physical therapy is true. 

Note that I have at least 20# more for this workout than anyone else. 
Thanks, Mads for the challenge.

Then I drove all the way back to Flagstaff, getting in before midnight and unhindered by the flooding. 

No comments:

Post a Comment