Sunday, October 23, 2022

Roger's Birthday Month of Fun

If you're wondering how Roger is faring in the post-hunt season, never fear. There is always plenty of hunting to be done. He single-handedly helped 3 inexperienced hunters get their elk, went duck hunting, and dragged me along to help pack someone's elk out of a canyon. Like a one way down and if you misstep you fall to your death kind of canyon. He starts work on Tuesday with a cousin until he finds a job in his field. 

Did I mention I made a pie?
"It's definitely not outta Snow White" - Roger

I didn't work out this week if I didn't have to. I was not feeling well, but was still going to hit the gym Monday with Becky and the VB court Tuesday with Jess, but both ended up not working out. Lol. I did meet with (and spend a lot of $$ on) my naturopath and some new vity's. I opted for supplements prior to meds, but that may be the eventual route. Then I met with my PCP, who I have never seen before (but is super chill) and we talked about D&D half the time.

The YW opted to join the YM (after a last-minute invite) for some night frisbee. A classic. But I didn't play since I'm still traumatized about my last knee injury on turf. It was a good night to combine since there was a big bonfire for Homecoming that night and we would've only had 2 girls there anyways. And it was a good chance for Marissa, Al, Mike, and I to catch up. 

This is me, carving out the bones to lighten the load.

Friday I met Rog over at his Grandpa's grave for some Sonic takeout and a HBD to the deceased. Then we started our long night trekking down (the worst), gutting the elk and carving it up to haul, and hiking out (surprisingly easy for me). It was a good time, but honestly the way down hurt so bad I wouldn't volunteer again any time soon. 

I feel like if you're going to shoot an elk in a canyon, 
you should be prepared to get it yourself. 
But I'll help Carol out. She's a homie.

Rog and I actually went to the adult session of Stake Conference for the first time in a while. We were kind of disappointed. Both that and the Sunday session just felt like they were trying to give a million people a turn to speak and out of FOUR hours, one (1) story was told. The rest of it, I'm not 100% what the message was and I was trying hard to figure it out. 

New swag designed by HUTCHvsNPTE soon to be online.

After the adult session, I played some piano and Rog helped with a missionary lesson en espaƱol. After the Sunday session, we took Uncle Jeff out shooting so I could use his .45 (my favorite caliber) and practice with some other firearms Ryan offered to sell us. Over the weekend, we ate so many grilled cheese sandwiches, took some fall photos with a friend, and Roger got to experience Swan Princess for the first time. He loved it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment