Sunday, October 30, 2022

Spooky Season

I made some strides on various projects this week - registering for a mailbox with a physical address so I can register a business that doesn't put my personal address online, submitting everything needed to put Grampy's CD of music onto popular streaming platforms so they're more accessible, finalizing rough drafts of some YW books, and gathering info for some new PT notes. Most of this stuff is in the 'wait for approval or things to fix stage'. 

Rog says to stick to brown. 

I played volleyball for the B/C league with my old lady friends' team this week as a sub. Retrospectively, it's a lot of freaking work because I feel like they expect me to do most of it and also I can singlehandedly change the pace of the game. Anyways, in set 3 of our first game, I had a 1-legged spinning jump for a reverse kill (basketball style) with a bad landing where I'm pretty sure I subluxed my kneecap. Did I still finish the game and play the next game? Yes, yes I did. And, they started targeting me since I wasn't moving fast, I got mad, and then I got petty from the front row and made sure the game ended REAL quick with us on top. 

So I didn't end up working out the rest of the week as planned, but I did go to work and lift several people and stop others from falling. It took me 3 days to walk normal and the week to do stairs. And then I started training Becky at the gym on Saturday and did only half of the lower body stuff. Still sore. 

I did watch one of our girls play in their last volleyball game of the season. It was fun and I got to hang out with some other church leaders there (from ours and from others) to support the team. They did better than expected, but still ended up losing in 4 (barely). 

Low key KP.

Our ward had a Halloween party, so I went as Kim Possible (who nobody knows). And I ran into an old friend, who has a relative in the ward. So I hung out with them, let the YW paint my face, and enjoyed some chicken and white bean chile. Roger missed it since he was in Page all week working on a house. 

I'm mad I didn't dress up OR bring my sword.

Saturday, Rog and I drove to Phoenix for the wedding of my friends Jade and Ammon. But first, we stopped at the Nike outlet for new bball sneaks (at $40 a piece and almost matching). Then we went to this renaissance-themed reception, which Roger actually really loved and we enjoyed all of it - the costumes, the decor, the hobbit "maids of meat", the dancing, and of course, the food. We also loved yelling huzzah after all the toasts. 

The happy couple. 

And today, we enjoyed another day of just chilling Sunday, which is my new favorite. Work has seemed a lot busier since I'm doing the same amount of patients with a lot more driving time, so the chill is nice. We made homemade pizza, recorded Xander's talk for a FOURTH time so Mimi could have a copy, and ended up hanging out with Brandt and Becky, eating ice cream, and even playing some lowkey games. 

No comments:

Post a Comment