Monday, October 3, 2022

Roger's Dream Hunt (part 4, the epilogue?)

 I was expecting this week to be way worse than it was due to the fact that I was covering another therapist's schedule AND my own. However, due to an angelic scheduler, a PTA, and a change in my meds, it was actually pretty good. 

Aspens, part 1. 

On top of that, I played volleyball twice this week - with the YW (and RS, but by that I mean 2 parents joined in) and subbing for the old ladies' team (during which I had 2 consecutive killer kills). This is a big deal as I have been dealing with a shoulder injury from volleyball and haven't done a whole lot of overhead in a while. It went better than expected, but not as well as it could have. 

Because we love the aspens. 

Tuesday night, Rog took me on a surprise hike to scout for elk. Well I ended up taking a 2 hour nap while he drove around and scouted and then we did actually go on a short hike. The nap was well-needed. It's been a long time since I've been able to take a nap. I miss that about me. 

I did not carry a heavy pack,
but I also didn't cry the whole time.

I had a really chill conference weekend during which I made a lot of blueberry and coconut amish bread. Which unfortunately has rainbow sugar in it. But our oven actually cooked it and now I don't have to make breakfast. I watched Saturday solo and went on a walk and worked on some projects and read a book. Rog got back late from helping Stu and Naked Stu on their hunt because this hunt is part of the deal too apparently. 

This is Flag. And a campsite to revisit.

We watched Sunday morning with muffins and shrimp and weenies (because that's what Rog wanted). And then we went to Grandma's for second session and had meatloaf and potatoes and lots of food. We grabbed Becky and skipped out early to hike up to where the crew is hunting - which you can't get to using a motorized vehicles. Meaning - you guessed it, our legs. It was only a 5 mile hike in and I'll do it for the pretty aspens. Too bad it was cloudy. But the good news is that my body was hype for it. 

From Roger, to be revisited. 

Conference Summary Oct 2022:

  • Sacrifice and suffering are parts of life
  • If you're suffering - change your perspective & overcome your origin story by immersing yourself in Jesus' life
  • The HG will guide you and won't lead you against established standards. BUT it's YOU have to choose - you will not be micromanaged in all things. 
  • You belong. Make sure everyone knows they do too. 
Speakers to Revisit
  • McConkie (me)
  • Caussé (Roger)

No comments:

Post a Comment