Tuesday, March 5, 2024

Phoenix

We missed VB last week due to illness and every single player being out of town. That's ok. I went to the gym instead. 

We had a YW revamp and now I'm only in charge of Sundays and not activities. But still working with the younger group, which is fun because they participate. We went and heart attacked some new girls with the 3 younger kids available this week. That's a fairly typical turnout but it's always different girls. 

Rog and I went out to BW's for dinner and a show. This time it was a college ball game with one post from Michigan absolutely running the game. It was fun to watch. Then we got some Crumbl cookies on our way home. 

I had taken Friday off for part 2 of my dry needling course in Phoenix. The instructor asked us to make groups with only 1 inexperienced person in them to help things run smoother. So we had 1 newbie and 1 person who also took part 1 before. But turns out that was last week and she still didn't know what she was doing. Then randomly like 30 minutes later, this one kid didn't have a group so he joined ours and turns out he was also a newbie with the pokiest fingers known to man and zero attention span. But he didn't tell us he was new and the other lady didn't mention she took part 1 last week until they asked me to be the patient first and then none of them knew what a spinous process was. Yeesh. 

Some of these needles are 9 cm long. 

After that, I took over and we had a better time of it. But rough start. By the end, the other new girl felt confident and the other two were iffy but probably won't kill anyone, so that's good. I also had a classmate from NAU that was in the course with us, so we got to catch up for a bit. 

The other unfortunate part of this course was that the instructor was very strict on obeying the projected timelines. Which meant we didn't get out until 8pm day 1 and I was late meeting Cenita and Colton for dinner. We still ended up with the most delicious burgers, hot tubbing, and having a good chat. I like them. So much so that I didn't go to bed until midnight. 

It was a long 3 day course, but I was back home around 5 and still had some energy left to check out a trailer Rog has been investigating. I liked it. We'll see. 

No comments:

Post a Comment