Monday, March 18, 2024

Spring Break

I've been kicking Roger out of the house because he's been antsy. He's hiked a lot of miles and found a couple antlers and went fishing when he wasn't successful hiking. It was harder this week because it's been snowing pretty good and it's spring break. 

He brought no fishies home.

Rog has also been holding down the fort at work with his boss on vacation for spring break all week. He also has Stu as a helper, but who knows what they're really doing all day. Our Ford Escape is finally done at the mechanic's and turns out the problem was a tiny valve, but you have to take half the engine out to get to it, so nobody would touch it except our friend Rich from church. Rog is excited to have it back, so we'll see how it does. 


Couldn't be me out there. (Everyone was ok.)


I finished Brandon Mull's Dragonwatch series (sequels to Fablehaven) and have been working on a few other projects for PT related stuff. Also going through mission journals and writing notes about good stories so I have more to pull from. 

Since all of our events were cancelled this week (including my group CFM study), we went out to eat a few times and did some shopping together. We got some ice cream and mozerella sticks at Sonic and then we got cajun food and mac and cheese and cornbread at Satchmo's (cajun & bbq). 

Rog and a few of his favorite things. 
(As illustrated by me).

 We also went to Carol's after church and watched the women's broadcast and had a potluck - enchiladas, chicken salad, a green cake for St Patty's. I'm gonna be honest that the womens' broadcasts are not my cup of tea. Everyone talks in the same whispery voices and there's not a lot of meat to the messages. And I need to be chastised more, so I'm better in PH. 

No comments:

Post a Comment